PhiMag planar magnetrons have fully characterized hermetically sealed magnetic arrays. Integrated gas distribution is available with single or multiple zones for tuning thin film deposition uniformity in reactive sputtering processes. The PhiMag planar sputter magnetrons are designed for high utilization and uniformity.
Designed with R2R web coating in mind the planar sputtering magnetron cathodes can accommodate DC, AC and RF sputtering power supplies. The cathode body can be grounded or floated depending on the thin film application.
With our in-house manufacturing capabilities we can design and build custom replacement magnetron cathodes for your current PVD coating equipment. Full 3D CAD models (both mechanical and magnetic fields) are available to ensure seamless integration into your vacuum thin film deposition process and vacuum coating equipment.
PhiMag™ planar magnetron cathodes have industry leading features
- Standard Target Widths from 75 mm to 125 mm
- Custom Target Widths Available
- Target Lengths up to 3 meters
- Direct or Indirect cooled targets
- Non-magnetic target magnetic arrays
- Magnetic target material magnetic arrays
- Hermetically sealed magnetic arrays
- Integrated gas distribution manifold(s)
- Metric and SAE hardware options
- Mounting Options
- External single or double cathodes
- Internal mount single or double cathodes with optional cantilever mount
- Custom angle of cathodes
- Custom integrated cathode assemblies and controls are a available ask how we can support you
PhiMag™ Cantilevered Planar Magnetron
Target Utilization 40%+
Get a full specifications sheet
PLANAR MAGNETRON: Get instant access
How can we help?
With more than 10 years of experienced developing sputtering thin film equipment we are ready to take on your most demanding sputter coating applications